Week 10 Summary: Mini-Doc

This week I went and filmed the footage I would need for my mini-doc. I spent nearly all day at my daughters school on Friday. I ended up not having class that day so it was the perfect day for this project. I got a lot of good footage of the classroom and the kids, but towards the end of the day I was told by staff that I would not be able to use anything with the other children in it for confidentiality reasons. The only child I could use was my daughter. I had to change gears and took a lot more footage of the school itself. Lighting was also another problem since I only had my phone to use for this project. With some editing I think it came out okay for the limits I had. When I started editing I noticed that I had to scrap one of the interview questions because there was some weird background noise I couldn’t edit out.

Overall, I think the project turned out pretty good considering the lack of equipment. Makes me really want to invest in a camera, tripod, and lighting. The process was a lot of fun and I enjoyed putting it together to create this little story.

Daily Creates-

Week 9 & 10 Summary: Video

I am very interested in videography and would love to practice it more. I watched all of the videos you posted for this week and found them to be very informative. Since we have to make a mini-doc about someone in the community I decided to make a list of people I could ask. I chose to ask my daughters preschool teacher and she gracefully agreed, so I will be going in to the school to record this week. I also bought a lavalier mic to plug into my phone since that is the only digital camera that I own. I have concerns that lighting will be a problem indoors, but hopefully I will be able to improve it some with editing.

Hitch Cut Assignment

This one is from last semester.

For this project I feel weirdly neutral about it. I think that is partially due to trying Premier Pro instead of Premier Rush. Pro is more complicated and I think my processor might be too slow for it because it lagged a lot. And because of the lag I couldn’t play with it as much as I would’ve liked. #ds106 #VideoAssignments #VideoAssignments2030

Daily Create

Radio Show week 2 Summary

For the radio show I don’t feel like the group collaborated much, but rather everyone kinda did their own thing. At least we announced what we were going to be doing so that we didn’t end up all doing the same thing like commercials and what not.

I ended up being the one to edit everything together. I think it turned out not too bad. The hardest part for me was making sure everything sounded uniform as best as it could, especially with volume. I used the Multitrack editor in Audition to help level everything out. The flow doesn’t seem too bad either, but I’ve listened to it a lot and would prefer to hear from someone who didn’t edit it. Overall, it was a fun project and I’ve grown to enjoy audio editing.

I uploaded my segment to Sound Cloud, but for some reason when I paste it into here it says that they couldn’t find it.

The final radio show-

Daily Creates-

Radio News

This week I decided that for my 5 minutes of the radio show I’d do a news piece on “current” events and trends in 1986. We are not doing a certain year, but I figured I’d just focus on one year since it’s a news bit. In order to find the topics, I decided to watch an old episode of “I Love The 80’s: 1986: on YouTube and wrote down many of the topics that were mentioned. I then organized them in the order I wanted them to go and came up with a script for them. I also took audio from YouTube for each of the topics I included in the radio show.

I edited everything in Audition and once I got the audio clips cut down and edited; I worked on getting my voice to sound just right. I originally used the effect “Radio Announcer” but I wanted to have the “aged” sound of being on the radio to fit the time period. I then found the right sound I wanted with “AM Radio” effect but it was too quiet even after increasing the volume for that track. So I added an addition effect and amplified my voice and it turned out great. I was also able to find a news intro on audio library on YouTube.

Summary Radio Show week 1

This week we were assigned to do a group project to produce our own 80’s themed radio show. Our group was very late in getting together, but we were finally able to connect. I went ahead and created a commercial for the show. I know one other person also created a commercial and another person had the idea to do a podcast of our group discussing 80’s topics. Drew offered to make his own song for the show.

Soda Commercial- https://wordpress.com/view/shealanclark.home.blog

DS106 Radio Logo- https://wordpress.com/view/shealanclark.home.blog

Daily Creates

https://twitter.com/shealanclark/status/1182671888214036483

https://twitter.com/shealanclark/status/1183769641690288128

https://twitter.com/shealanclark/status/1184236475224854528

1980’s Soda Commercial

For the radio show I decided to make an 80’s themed soda commercial. I decided it would be best to just make a fictional one. I looked up popular 80’s slang and chose to go with Chill Bomb Soda for the name of the product.

#ds106 # AudioAssignments #AudioAssignments2479

DS106 Radio Logo

When I started this logo I was trying to incorporate a boombox, but the way I went about implementing it, it came out terrible so I completely scratched that and went with this design instead. I also decided to add the blue “Radio” shadow to it to create more interest. Also I removed the antennas I had on the zero of 106. It almost looked too alien and not radio enough. Instead the zero is to appear as a speaker.